- Cayman Crystal Caves are committed to protecting your privacy online.
- We will:
- Not share your personal information for marketing or any other purposes without your consent unless where required by law.
- Always respect your privacy and any personal communication between you and ourselves.
- Always comply with any data protection legislation currently in force.
- We will not sell your data to any third party.
- However you may wish to be aware that we collect general statistical information about visitors to our website for general reporting and to improve future content.
2. Data collection and use
We ask for information about you in three areas of our website.
1. When using an online form
- We ask for your details so we can respond in an appropriate way, for example when enquiring about a venue for hire or requesting materials. If you have given your consent, you may be contacted with relevant promotions, offers or information that you have expressed an interest in or that might be of interest to you. If you wish us to stop contacting you email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. When signing up for e-mail updates
- We ask for your details so we can add you to our email database and send you updates you’ve requested. This information will not be given to any third party, except to the extent and for the purpose we may be required to do so by any law. If you wish us to stop contacting you email email@example.com
3. When purchasing a ticket or other product online
- We collect various personal details about you when you purchase tickets or other products e.g. memberships online, including name, home address, billing address, telephone number, email etc. We use the information to process orders and to provide a more personalised service. Collecting these details allows our system to create a customer account for you in order that we can sell you tickets. Having a record of your personal details also allows us to identify you if we need to contact you regarding your booking, if you need to contact us to change your booking, or to help identify you if collecting tickets at one of our palaces. We are also able to help if tickets are lost by checking your personal details on the database. Additionally, our bank recommends that we take the billing address of people purchasing tickets in advance as this can help to prevent fraudulent use of credit cards. However, if you would prefer not to provide us with any of your personal information, you can buy tickets in person at any of the ticket offices at our palaces. For further information please see our Terms and conditions.
- The information we collect will not be given to any third party, except to the extent and for the purpose we may be required to do so by any law. If you wish us to stop contacting you email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. What are cookies and how do we use them?
- Cookies are tiny text files that are stored on a user’s browser. Most cookies contain a unique identifier called a cookie ID: a string of characters that websites and servers associate with the browser on which the cookie is stored. This allows websites and servers to distinguish the browser from other browsers that store different cookies, and to recognize each browser by its unique cookie ID.
- Cookies can make websites easier to use by storing information about your preferences on a particular website. The information may remain on your computer after the Internet session finishes and you leave the website but you can delete them using some browsers, manually or using system utilities. Most internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies.
- A number of cookies are used on this website:
- Session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site
- Persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
1. Web analytics cookies
- We use Google Analytics and cookies on this website to collect information about how our visitors use and navigate this website so that we can continually work to add new features and improve your experience of it.
- The cookies collect information such as the number of visitors to the site, which pages they visited and whereabouts they came to the site from. This information is anonymous and cannot be used to identify you personally.
2. Third-party cookies
- During your visits to this website you may be delivered cookies by third-party websites. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Cayman Crystal Caves does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third-party websites for more information about these.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
- You may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone or tablet you will need to refer to your device manual.
- We hope that you enjoy using our website, and feel assured we are committed to protecting your privacy.